Jan 25, 2012

Fresh Eggs and more Homemade Laundry Soap

Fresh eggs from my neighbor daughters hens..thank you girls. She only has three but,they are doing a wonderful job...smile.
Well my day went just as predicted yesterday..very peaceful with little unsettling. Right as rain... I guess you could say. Speaking of rain...we are getting it...lots of it. I am not complaining.....the sight and sound of it is a blessed thing to me. My son asked why can't it only rain at night while your sleeping and the sun shine during the day everyday. I told him..Well,son we don't live in a perfect world. You take what you get and make the best of it. I can only think back to the horrible,very hot,very dry summer we had last and Thank God for the rain we are getting now. Our near by lake is still so down it only looks like a river flowing through much dry land...not much expanse for a lake. This rain we are getting now will prove to be a much needed blessing indeed. I for one love hibernating under my old metal roof and listening to the thump.. thump.. thump of the falling rain.

After almost seven months...it was time to make a new batch of laundry soap....using just two-three tablespoons it lasted that long. Instead of the Zote...I used Fels this time. There wasn't any Zote on the shelf. I wasn't sure how I would like it but,its proving to work just as well and the yellow is a nice change from pink. Like color makes a difference but,it can to the eye I guess...smile.



That's it...everything you see above...Mix all the box ingredients in a plastic tub or any other container you wish....stir it together for a good mix and then grate the soap into it and mix some more.
Its easy and simple.....and works wonderful. I know I have shared this before but,I had some newcomers asking for the recipe. If you have a large family just double your recipe to make twice as much. If you have children they will love helping you. My granddaughter Jalyn loves to help grate the soap but,she wasn't able to get in on the fun this time. I missed her help because my hands aren't as handy as they used to be.




Let me know if you try it and how you liked it...blessings.


No comments: