May 13, 2012

Mother's Day greeting....



As I was deciding which picture to post for a Mother's Day greeting,I stopped when I came to this one. It speaks volumes to me. Being a mother has been one the greatest blessings of my entire life. It is my greatest accomplishments! There were times when I put my children to bed at night with no idea as to what I would feed them the next day,but God always provided! They never had the luxuries some children had,their clothes were mostly second hand or bought at thrift stores,but they wore them proudly and were thankful. I love each of my children with all my heart and am very proud of the men and women they are today. I wasn't the perfect mother,we were not the perfect family,but God was there all along. His guidance is what carried us through and his love is what kept us together and made us family.

Happy Mother's Day to all you are called mother. May God bless your ministry because to be a true mother and to live up to that title,will be your greatest calling.

Blessings,Shelley
 May your Lord's day be blessed!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fortunate your children are to call you Mother, Shelley.
Happy Mother's day, sweet friend.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear Shelley, none of us are perfect and we don't have perfect families either...but what we do have is LOVE! Our boys were raised much like your children, not having much but what they did have, they appreciated. I believe children that are raised this way are so very thankful. Thankfulness is such a beautiful quality, don't you think? I hope you had the most wonderful Mother's Day sweet friend!!! hugs and love, Dawn

marie said...

What a sweet post Shelley...your children are so very blessed to have you as their mother. God is truly the most important part of a family. Praying He blesses you in an extra-special way...have a joy-filled week Shelley!

PS. I loved the photos of Jaxon at the library...specially the one outside near the rose bush. He's adorable!

Just Be Real said...

Shelley, I trust you had a good Mother's Day and yes that picture is perfect. Blessings.

Peggy said...

Life is often hard, no matter the circumstances. The difference is what you said, "God was there all along." If people would just acknowledge that, and believe. Knowing Him does make all the difference! You are a lovely person, I'm sure your children "rise up and call you blessed"