Aug 12, 2012

Amish Proverbs


My birthday is coming up on this next Thursday,so my daughter Regina and her family took me to have dinner Saturday evening,my favorite Chinese food :) We also stopped in Barnes and Noble's Bookstore...I picked this book out and they bought it for me as an early birthday gift. Afterward we had to stop by my son in law's job so he could take care of some business. While he was busy and the boys were out helping him..Regina and I sat in the pick up and waited. She was knitting while I was reading this book out loud to her. I am going to enjoy it for a very long time. The words in it really bless me. Some of the sayings in this book,I remember my own family members using over the years,grandparents,aunts,uncles and such. If you admire,as I do,the Amish way of life...you will certainly want to get this book. Tis a gut book!
Blessings on your week

"If you want to know people..know their proverbs"   "Nothing last forever,not even your troubles"

Amish family on their way to church. Found on google images!
You only live once,but if you work it right,once is enough. Blessings,Shelley

6 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a sweet book! I bet it IS filled with lots of wisdom! Loved the Amish pics too!

Happy birthday to you, Shelley! I have an August birthday coming up too!

Blessings,
Tammy

Mitzi said...

Happy early birthday, Shelley! I hope you have a wonderful day and the year ahead is a good one for you.
You know that I love the Amish way of life too. I have so many stories to tell you since my daughter has befriended an Amish woman and her family. I will get my thoughts together and write you an e=mail soon.

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Happy Birthday Shelley. My mama was a Mennonite, I've been told that they were very similar to the Amish.
I like to read about the Amish. Their way of life is so interesting, and very appealing.

Hugs
Iris

Unknown said...

lovely Selly. Hope your birthday this year will be filled with simple pleasures and many blessings. Hugs, Mica

Unknown said...

lovely Selly. Hope your birthday this year will be filled with simple pleasures and many blessings. Hugs, Mica

Cheryl said...

The book sounds like an interesting read. May have to look for it.

That's right you and my sister have the same birthday!

Have a great day, Shelley!