Sep 27, 2012

Home..Past and Present

Present
I don't know about your home,but here in my little home...things change..things come and things go! Over the last few years...you all know how I have been weeding in my home,and my life. "Material Things" don't really mean as much as they once did to me. Oh,somethings are still attached to my heart strings,like these old Raggedy dolls :) But then there are other things which are no longer as important as they once were..a whole lot of things as a matter of fact! Which has me in the weeding mood ...once again,and has my mind thinking of a way to do away with so much...I still have about four storage boxes packed away in my bedroom,and more storage boxes of holiday decorations and so forth up in what I call the attic of my mobile home...a long loft space at one end. I know at some point there will be a move for me. Remember that apartment I spoke of over two years ago..well,that isn't going to happen as I thought,but another might. Time will tell! There will be a move...I feel it! I have lived here on Red Rock Hill,in this 1969 Town and Country mobile home for over 20 years,and has there ever been changes indeed. I started out here with three teens,soon a baby come to call this home ( my youngest,a child of my niece,whom I raised as my my own),then there was a husband as well. I was young and much more healthier...I spent many a day working outside,which I happened to enjoy,but those days are gone..I still take my walker with the seat and pull a few weeds are pick up things left by the grands from time to time,but no more real outdoor work for me. I do very well just to keep the indoors decent these days :)  These days are all about simplifying,and it feels purty good :)


Present


Present


Present


Outdoor Present



Outdoor Present


Present


I have actually done away with a lot of my dishes,but I'm hanging on to my Blue Willows.

Past

Past
Past
 I gave up this little blue rocker. I have just a wee regret for that choice  :)


Past

Past

Past
I love this little star pillow,made by a dear blogging friend.

Past
Blessings dear friends,from my home to yours....Shelley

4 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I think your home looks cozy, welcoming, and lots of love is there! Have I ever told you that I grew up in a mobile home and that we lived in one until we biult this house? Lots of memories and I loved to decorate it just as much! :)

Blessings,
Tammy

Peggy said...

I'm feeling the same way, that less is more, but for many things I still have that attachment of the heart. You may have made many changes in your home over the years, but any one can tell it has always been a HOME!

marie said...

I like the changes you're making Shelley...I liked the past too! Those little hedgehogs made me smile!

We've been minimizing around here too...in fact, I may have a few more things to send your way. If you're interested. Just let me know!

Anonymous said...

It looks like the weeding is going well! I am working on it, too. Sometimes it is hard to tell what to keep and what to release! I am wondering what the future holds and that makes it a little more difficult. I believe with you that a move is coming for you, Shelley. Bless you and bless your Sunday!
Love,
Lily