Sep 17, 2012

Showers of Blessings

Google image

I gotta say I had a great weekend indeed! We had a good hard rainfall both Saturday and Sunday...it was such a blessing watching and listening to it fall. It lulled me to sleep last night,but to top that off, our service at church yesterday(morning and evening) were divine! I felt such a presence of fresh anointing being poured out in both services..in the worship,in the singing,and especially in the preaching of God's word. I pray everyone present felt it too...I am almost sure that must have! When we fully open up to God...he will open the windows of heaven and pour out upon us...upon our lives,in a great and mighty way.....my circumstances may all be the same this morning....nothing knew in the way of finances, physical state or world situations,but in the spiritual realm.....I am rich and content beyond measure! God is on the throne,all is well with him in total control.....he is soon going to pour out the latter rain upon the earth....it is high time for the church(Christ bride) to awake from slumbering and lift weary hands to him and receive the abundance that is going to fall.
Be certain your wicks are trimmed and your lamps full of oil (the Holy Spirit).

The wise, however took oil in jars with their lamps. Matt. 25:4   At midnight the cry rang out: Here's the Bridegroom come out to meet him! Matt.25:6 Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. Matt. 25:7

Be glad O people of Zion,rejoice in the Lord your God,for he has given you the Autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers,both Autumn and Spring rains,as before. Joel 2:23

Blessings,Shelley

8 comments:

SharonR said...

I'm glad to be rich in God's word, too. So glad my parents gave me this blessing, though not a big inheritance.

Emily Fay said...

What a beautiful post! I am glad you had such a lovely weekend! And to enjoy such a wonderful day time in God's Word! Enjoy the rest of your week~

Denise said...

beautiful devotional Shelley.My spirit was touched.I feel His Spirit in you.Preach it girl-your so good at it.Love Denise

Anonymous said...

As I read your post, it reminded me of Psalm 11, where the Psalmist is exclaiming why should he hide when the Lord, on high is in charge sitting on His throne in His Holy mountain.

These were encouraging words that I needed to hear today, Dear Sister. I am always remembering that I need to have my oil lamp ready. I don't want to be one of those "foolish virgins" that didn't get to sup with their Lord and King.

janice15 said...

Lovely, I always enjoy reading your post...you help me to keep engaged with our Father and lord in heaven...thank you ...and thank you for stopping in a leaving such kind words for me..I'm honored Shelly to know you...God bless with love Janice

Debbie said...

New follower here. What a beautiful image. Your words are a welcome message in contrast to what we are hearing lately. My SIL is a US Marine stationed with my daughter in Okinawa. Hope you visit me too.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

The Spirit is still lingering for I felt it as I read your post. My daughter has a graphic she just did, “Prayer may or may not change your situation, but it will change you.” I do believe fellowship with the Lord may or may not change our situation but it does change us. God bless you.

marie said...

Absolutely beautiful post Shelley! I love the scripture you shared and your church service sounds like it was wonderful. I'm so glad you were blessed by it!