Oct 5, 2012

I am a Reader........

Most pictures were found on Google images....

I am a reader...I love having books around me...you may find them piled high on my bedside table or vanity in my bedroom...I love a visit to the library...its one of my favorite places to visit. I took my little ones there when they were small...I read to them at bedtime. My husband wasn't a reader,and he resented me reading...so I didn't read much when he was in the home,but my home is my very own today..I choose how I spend my time.and reading is a huge pass time for me. I read only good wholesome,inspiring books...my all time favorite being God's word...it is my life source. I love old vintage children's books..they remind me of a less technical world...where children used their imaginations to dream...they visited far away places through books,and not through movies and video games,where the imagination isn't require...its all made up for them.  When I was a child..I loved Beatrix Potter's little books...her sweet stories and illustrations were a favorite! I get to know the characters in the books I read...I miss them when a book is finished...that may seem a bit silly,but I do!




My favorite place to read...in bed,but I think I would like to take a quilt,a picnic basket,and a book to the woods or the park,by a sea side...sounds like a wonderful thing to me.



How about you...are you a reader?

One of my favorite books as a child.

Jaxon at our library 

Beatrix Potter

Beatrix Potter


More later on what I'm reading these days....Blessings on your weekend...if you find time..relax...read a book...it will do you good  :)

11 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh yes, definitely a reader here....so are my kids! Jason, not so much. He likes to listen to them though! :)

I love the pic of Jaxon reading! So cute!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley...I am an avid reader also :D

When I learned how to speak English, I was thrilled that now I could read and read all those books I saw on the library shelves! It was one of the most exciting days of my life.

Have a great weekend my friend...

Maria

Anonymous said...

We too love to read and have built a lifestyle of reading when our children were home schooled. We still prefer reading over TV or movies. We like books that help us to grow in our Christian walk, like Pilgrim's Progress, etc. We also like the library and make good use of them.

DollZandThingZ said...

Yes, a reader here, too. I also enjoy reading in bed! I just wish that I wouldn't fall asleep! Happy weekend, Shelley!

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Shelley,

Oh yes, books are my best friends (aside from human ones, of course)! I have to force myself to take breaks from time to time, to catch up on the real world. :) I love reading non-fiction, and learning as much about the world around me as I can. I usually have a field guide or two on my bedroom shelf (and a few devotionals and scriptures underneath the bed, or somewhere safe from maurading toddlers).

Love,

Marqueta

p.s. The pictures you chose were sumptuous!

Denise said...

Oh Me too!I don't read in bed though,I can never get comfortable that way.I do love to read in My recliner when I'm alone or in My computer room when Paul is watching TV.I do love children books too.I also enjoy reading books that take place in Ireland,Scotland and England. Love to you My friend, Denise. Oh PS-Have you read Ruth Grahams poems,you will love them.

janice15 said...

Helo Shelley, I'm not much anymore. I read occasionally when I was younger. I only get around to reading some magazines and the bible...and my study books....I Love all your photos...they are just great...Happy Weekend my dear with love Janice

Mitzi said...

I Love to read too. Can't read in bed, but get comfy in my lazy boy and read, especially early in the morning. You and I enjoy many of the same books. A couple series that I think you would .enjoy are books by Gladys Tabor and the Miss Read books. Look for them at your library I have extra copies of many of them if you'd like to give the a try

Charity said...

Me! Me!! I am most definitely a reader!! Books come into our home much faster than they leave... :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do love to read. My problem is that I tend to read too many books at a time, and usually, don't finish most of the books I start reading. I don't know why I am this way.

My favorite spots to read are in my bed or on our comfy brown couch downstairs in the family room.

David C Brown said...

"Give thyself to reading ..."; though I have to be careful what!