Jan 12, 2013

Around my home...and out and about...





Just a few of the a fore mentioned "Inside Surroundings" I am content with these days :)




Sourdough wheat bread ...it turned out pretty tasty!  My friend Betty and I had a day out together yesterday. As she is going to have her surgery this coming Wednesday in Dallas. We haven't had much time as of late to spent any time together so yesterday was a treat for us. We went to the Hospice Thrift Store...they were having a .10 cent book sale. O me did we load up on books. At 10 cents...how could you not? Time to weed through my books and make room for new ones :)  Really, I only bought about ten books...a dollar's worth . I haven't found a bargain like that in a long while!  After shopping we went and ate Chinese food,which is always a treat. We also exchange Christmas presents...then we were back home and said our good byes. Please,be praying with me that when Betty has her surgery...all goes well,the cancer is contained and hasn't spread...that's our prayer.  Thank you all for the sweet comments on my prospect of moving.....it is something to think about for sure and to pray about as well. As always I only want God's will!





7 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

My that bread looks good...prayers for your friend who is having surgery. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

A slice of that bread with a cup of tea must be divine! :-)

You did discover such an excellent sale with those books. Hooray!

I'll be praying for Betty too.

DollZandThingZ said...

Lovely simple things! And beautiful bread! Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update on Betty. I will be keeping her in the light of prayer.
Enjoy that lovely bread! Looks so yummy!
Happy Sunday tomorrow!
Lily,WA, USA

Deborah Hamilton said...

wow, your bread looks delicious, and I'll be praying for Betty.

Unknown said...

Beautifully said Shelley, I pray your dear friend's surgery goes well for her. What a happy time you both enjoyed and the book sale sounds like a lot of fun!
Mmm that bread I can almost smell it's warm aroma!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It sounds like you and your friend had a wonderful day of fun. Your bread looks so delicious, I can almost smell the aroma. I can tell that you are excited about landing at the top of the list. I know that just the right place is out there for you.