Jun 22, 2013

Thrifty Fun......

Google image

OK, I admit it,I will always love coming home from a thrift store with a great purchase,but whats more fun for me...is the hunt. You just never know what you may find!
So when my parents bring me home,we always make a stop at the little charity shop down the street from me,then to the only cafe in my town for a bite to eat. My mama and daddy love going to thrift stores,flea markets,yard sales,etc.....almost as much as I do...where do you think I got it from?  :)  They carried me to flea markets all over the place when I was a kid. They would set up their wares,and I spent the day prowling the flea market. Yep,its in the blood!
We never leave the "We Care Too" without finding a few things to bring home. This time,I found some vintage children's books,a purse,a couple of whatnot's,a puzzle,a few preemie clothes for one of my dolls,and a rug for the bathroom floor. The battery is down on my camera so I can't show you everything,but I scanned the books for you to see.

1960's
1960's
1980's
 Of course, Raggedy Ann would be my favorite.


But of course..we are the best of friends!


Guess,this is something I will always enjoy. Sometimes just browsing,or making a few purchases from time to time. I may as well embrace it,yet keeping myself disciplined at the same time. When I get tired of something,I end up giving it away or having a yard sale to earn a little money for more buying adventures. I do not hoard,and I weed regularly through my things......so all is well  :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the 1960's items (books)! I think vintage finds are so rewarding, because they bring back lovely memories!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I,too,understand your enjoyment of the thrill of the hunt! For years I would get up early and hit the sales by 6:00! Me and my kids have fond memories of those times before work got in the way. Now we visit flea markets and thrift stores and cherish those finds way more than what is found in retail stores. Have a nice weekend, Shelley! Love, Twyla

Debbie Jones said...

I love thrift stores too! So much fun to find a treasure or two.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Shelly, so proud you enjoyed the thrifting with your parents.. such fun.. The thrill of thrift stores is definitely the hunt!!1
Love your books..such great finds...

Terra said...

Those book covers are adorable and this is a fun hobby for you. I like your Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy on your bed. That is good you do not hoard but sell and give away from time to time

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some serious fun! Good for you! I think I might recognize the book "The Night before Christmas" from my own childhood!
We we could step over to the diner for a little dinner for the two of us and a nice chat!
Love,
Lily, WA, USA

DollZandThingZ said...

Great finds! Those books are wonderful!!

Corey said...

You and I sounds like we have the same mindset when it comes to vintage treasures. I LOVE the hunt, almost more than the treasures themselves, but, like you, I try not to hoard too much. I've always got a garage sale box or a thrift box filling up to weed out my collections! I hope that my kids will inherit my treasure-hunting love. Although right now, they groan when I say we're stopping at a thrift shop!!