Aug 1, 2013

Among the Lilies


An angel kissed the dew from the Lilly of the valley in the garden,the dew dropped to the ground and " LILLY "  was found by the mistress of the home. She asked ...Wherever did you come from little one, are you lost, haven't you a home? The little one remained quiet....no words were spoken,but within her breast...she felt a warmth as the mistress took her in her hands and caressed her tiny face. I shall take you into my cottage and we shall have tea!  Tomorrow ,I will inquire as to if there be a little one lost among the village.  Lilly knew in her heart she wasn't a little one lost,but to the contra , she was most definitely the happiest of the little ones found! The heavens rejoiced, as the angels watched from on high, for the fate of the fallen dew...shall not be forgotten too soon.  The End


I wrote and shared this short story on a give away post here at Little Jenny Wren ....I thought I would share it with you all as well. I think it a sweet story, if I don't say so myself, not to boast or anything... though  :) I hope you enjoyed reading it......blessings

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley,
I love your Lilly story... but then I guess I would! lol. Really it is very sweet! Thank you for sharing it here so we could read it, too!
Love to you,
Lily - also of the Valley!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.. God bless you.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love your banner! Sweet story:) Twyla

janice15 said...

I sure did enjoy it dear Shelley, I would have love to read more.. Really sweet indeed.. Happy weekend with love Janice

Denise said...

I am so tickled to know of one more of Your many talents.My kind of story:)

Peggy said...

What a sweet story. You should start a journal of short stories for the grands!

marie said...

It IS a sweet story Shelley...thank you for sharing it!

I have something to share with you...a website I thought you might enjoy. Make sure to click on the different topics on the left side...I love the "trash to treasures" board myself!

http://www.aprimitiveplace.org/index.html