Oct 22, 2013

Ask and it Shall be Given

My niece took the one on the left and my sister ,the one on the right.

While at my parents...I went through some things I had stored in their shed. I gave some dolls away to my sister and two of my nieces. Although I really did still like these dolls very much, it felt good sharing them. Guess, you might say...I am easy. If someone says to me  " Oh, I love that "  or  "Oh,I have always wanted one like that " then... I am more than likely to say...Really, well ...take mine then!  I usually have no regrets about giving something away either. I just hope they enjoy having them around as much as I did.

These two went home with my sister.
And these two went home with my great niece.

I am soon getting help two days a week with housekeeping and such. I plan then to be going through some things here at home I have stored away in tubs. Weeding through them and keeping only a portion of what I have stored away. Last year right before time to put up Christmas decorations....I sorted through so many tubs and got rid of lots of decorations. This year I plan to go through what I kept and glean some more. Even though I have been buying a few thrift items here and there....I still want to minimize what I keep in my home. And that means to keep up with the weeding process. Which I intent to do.


The little Indian Princess below went to live with my Aunt.


With all this talk of weeding my home and given away things.....I think I will have a give away soon...here at my blog. Keep visiting me...you won't want to miss it......blessings friends

11 comments:

AuntLou said...

Well done! You are ahead of me in weeding out. :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You're so sweet, Shelley. It's so nice of you to share with others. I need some of your determination to pare down my belongings. Twyla

Anonymous said...

I'm not so much in need of weeding since I've moved so much but I'm sure I will some day! How nice that you'll be getting some help soon. Sowing and reaping! ♥

Barbara Neubeck said...

It's great to give away/pass on your things to people who like them..... I do this all the time.....
Culling is good for me....
Hugs and Blessings..
Barb xx

Anonymous said...

It is good to let go Shelley...your home will begin to feel open. I am the same way as you, when someone likes it - it is theirs.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing you have given to members of your family. Hang in there with the weeding, as it does get easier.
blessings, jill

Unknown said...

What a blessing that will be for them! Sweet blessings!

Loretta said...

Shelley, that's exactly what I'm doing every week! Weeding out! I'm trying my best to get it under control. LOL Your dollies are lovely.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

How sweet.. Know your family will cherish them, as much as you have.. Christmas is heading toward us really swiftly...eeeeh.. I need to weed some too. ha

Pam said...

What precious gifts you have given to loved ones. Not just the dolls, but such love it took to part with them. I could really take a lesson from you. I tend to hang on to stuff and don't even know why.

Grace & Peace

DollZandThingZ said...

You keep me honest...I need to keep weeding out! I am adamant about making more space. Keep on reminding us that we can part with things and that downsizing is good for the soul! xx