Oct 5, 2013

Cold front Arrives & Waldorf Dolls

Google image
The cooler weather reached us here in East Texas today...it dropped about 20 degrees in the space of about 30 minutes. I am loving it too :)  May even be able to wear a light sweater in the morning for church. I hope we have had the last of our hot weather for the season. I went to town today with my daughter Regina and son in law Jon. We stopped by the goodwill and I found a couple of things. One is the cutest little Waldorf style doll. I also found a small vintage plaid thermos bottle...just like the ones we used to carry our drinks to school in. I will show you those soon. Wishing you all a wonderful Lord's day tomorrow. I may be going to spend a day or so with my parents...so I may holler at you from there :)  Blessings

Remember these doll creations of my own ? They are simular to the Waldorf style.

Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus

This doll I made from a childs tube sock.


Simply Shelley Style  :)
Blessings Sweet Friends


9 comments:

Charity said...

I'm loving this cooler weather!!! Glad you found some treasures!!

Barbara Neubeck said...

...nice to hear you're enjoying your cooler weather... love your little dolls....
Hugs and Blessings..
Barb xxx

AuntLou said...

I not only remember my thermos, I remember breaking the glass liner.
My parents had to buy at least two of the replacements and install them.
Oh, dear!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Shelley! I hope you get to wear that sweater! there's just nothing like a Texas cool front!

I love those little simple dolls. :)

marie said...

Love the thought of cooler weather...I think we'll be getting some this weeek. Love those precious dolls too Shelley! Especially the tube sock baby. She's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Shelly, we too are having cooler weather...finally. It even looks like it might rain.

I would love to learn how to make the Waldorf dolls, as I made rag dolls years ago. The dolls will have to wait until I try to reduce some of my fabric and yarn stash. Then there is the cross stitching...one is never really done with crafting are they?
blessings, jill

Unknown said...

I love your waldorf dolls! They are just so pretty! We have had a cold front here (though it is starting to warm up again) and had much snow! Have a wonderful day!

Peggy said...

I found a picture of a little doll similar that just the other day and thought how cute those would be just sitting around the house. It was made from a handkerchief. I may try my hand at it. Those you made are so sweet. I'm loving this weather. Such a nice change!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the sweet dolls that you've made. I just want to HUG them...one by one! Enjoy your nice weather. I'm sending you some WARM hugs from Florida!