Dec 1, 2013

First Advent Sunday


First Sunday Advent has been a blessed day. I taught our children in the church this morning about the celebration of advent. We lit the first candle of HOPE. I read them Isaiah 9:6  Isaiah spoke of the Savior that was to come. Jesus is still our hope for today. He came,and is coming again,not as a babe in the manger,but as King of Kings,and Lord of Lords! Our blessed Hope!

Google image
May your week be blessed dear friends. My tree is up, a few decorations scattered about....its beginning to look like Christmas in my home  :)

5 comments:

AuntLou said...

You are inspiring me. :)

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Hi Shelley,
I wanted to say thank you for such a nice comment that you left for me on my bear blog. Yes I am sad with the boys and Ashley being so far away. I miss them every day. Everything happens for a reason and I am so grateful that she lives in a better house. I am so proud of her working so hard to support herself and the boys.
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I have my tree up but haven't put any decorations on it yet yet.

Thank you again. You are such a sweet friend.

Hugs
Iris

Unknown said...

I have heard such wonderful things about celebrating Advent... I will have to look into it and maybe implement it next year :) Blessings for a beautiful Christmassy Season!

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Olá amiga,vim retribuir sua carinhosa visita ao meu cantinho.
Obrigada,volte sempre e pegue o meu selinho de agradecimento!
Beijos Marie.

air conditioning repair Northridge said...

Your article inspired me a lot upon reading :-)