However, there are some things I wish to do differently and some things I would like to change in my lifestyle,but mind you...they are not resolutions...just goals..I hope to accomplish! One such thing is something I have already been working toward for a couple of years now. Which is....Simplifying my home and life. You may think.....Wow...how much more simpler does she want to go?
Here is a list of some of the things I have done in the past two years to simplify my life.
1. Weeding stuff from my home...lots of it over the past two years. I really wish I would have taken inventory,because I know it was a bunch.
2. I stopped watching all secular television in my home almost two years ago now. I do watch TV a bit when I am at my parents home,but what they watch is pretty much harmless :) This choice has been a wonderful decision on my part,and truly I felt led of the Holy Spirit to do so. It has made my home so much more serene,quiet and pleasant,not to mention all the trash that hasn't been allowed into my heart and mind.
3. THIS IS A BIGGIE....WORKING DAILY to change my thought patterns...seeing the "less as more" idea. Seeing good in the" not so good "situation. Trying to shed the feeling of dread,and embrace each day...One day at a time! Trusting God that nothing is going to happen to me or my family that God cannot handle....giving God total control,because he has ultimate control of everything...my worrying or complaining does no good whatsoever. Some things I have no control over...they can't be fixed by me....no matter how hard I try....in these situations the best I can do, is pray for God wills to be done. I am not responsible for any ones choices or sins,except my own. Trying to be content with how God chooses to bless me, being thankful for being blessed with the bare necessities in life....so many are not! I could go on and on here,but I won't :)
4.Spending less money which means buying less stuff.
5. If I do make a purchase and bring something into my home...other stuff must soon leave!
6. If possible buying clothes,household needs,and other items secondhand....saving lots of $$.
That's just a few I am trying to follow,but I plan to add more this year.
My daughter Regina gifted me a book for Christmas...I started it this morning as it is in the form of a daily devotional. I am going to enjoy this book along with my bible every morning,and hope to gain insight from it. One goal to add....putting first things first....and God at the top! Not just some days,but everyday.
My youngest daughter Kathy,gave me a Barnes and Noble gift card and let me choose my own books. This one below I purchased ,and am half way through it already. I have shed some tears reading this one......
Does this picture below speak to you? If so,then just maybe there's a call for more simplicity in your life as well.....I intend to embrace my calling to live the simple life more fully in 2014.