May 17, 2014

Joyfully Blessed

My basket runneth over
 Hope your weekend has been wonderful thus far. Just a few pictures from around my home. For the last month I have been trying to eat healthier ...more fresh foods,etc. We have a near by farmers market, ( fruit and veggie stand recently opened ) that my daughter, Regina and I have been shopping at... for the produce and also just trying to do our part to help the " little man " stay in business. So many little shops, mom and pop stores have gone under over the years because of the big super centers and such,those have all but taken over ....its a little sad,when small towns like ours have empty buildings downtown that were once ones local grocery,barber shop,drug store,etc.....long gone. Now on a Saturday we look much like a ghost town,so to speak..while many have gone to bigger near by towns for groceries and supplies. Such as the times,I suppose.

Kitchen window
One of my rose bushes is laden with big bouquets, thought I would bring some indoors.

Roses from the yard

Simply Shelley

I pray you have a beautiful Lord's day tomorrow...be blessed dear friends, until next time....Shelley

Looking out the window

Be joyfully blessed.......

Pinterest

4 comments:

Pam said...

I know what you mean, Shelley. Same with the small cafe and diner. Makes me sad...and angry. My Mister and I would rather eat and shop at the small town places but there really aren't any left. I would love to open a cafe/store/coffee house.

The veggies look delicious. Our Farmer's Markets around here are so commercialized. Nothing like the ones back home.

Grace & Peace.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Good for you for eating all those lovely fresh fruits and veggies and for buying them locally! We all need to support our local businesses more. My husband and I really try to avoid the big chain restaurants when we go out to eat - we like the "mom and pop" places. Better food, better prices and we are helping our neighbors in the community. I love your roses. Have a happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shelley! If my feet cooperate, I want to go to our farmer's market this year but that means LOTS of walking! ♥

DollZandThingZ said...

Lovely post! Your roses are beautiful! Sorry to say it is the same around here. The big box store that is open 24 hours daily and has a grocery store in it, not only caused small shops to close but also a few large grocery chains. It is open every day except for Christmas and pays low wages making it difficult for other stores to compete.

On a brighter note, we are lucky to have a farmer's market and an abundance of fresh produce available locally. In June there will be local strawberries and blueberries. We won't see most local vegetables & fruits until late August in New England. I will plant an herb garden on our deck.

Have a good week, Shelley!