Aug 28, 2014

Tasha's Birthday



Today is Tasha Tudor's birthday.  She would have been 99 years old today. Lots of blogs are celebrating her special day by sharing a post about her. Because I admire her life of simplicity so much, I want to do the same.


Is just what Tasha did.........


Like taking tea on her porch with her corgi close by.


Or spending time playing with her doll house, or strolling around her gardens, drawing illustrations, painting, cooking or one of the other many, many talents she possessed. She was just such a very creative and talented woman.  She is missed by thousands who like me admired so much about her.


Here I am last year on her birthday, having tea on my own porch. 



Jessie helped me celebrate  ;)



She such a sweet girl.


A couple of Tasha's illustrations




From a Tasha Tudor's Museum newsletter.






You can visit the museum here


Google image

Pumpkin Moonshine,  Tasha's very first book she wrote.

I hope you have enjoyed this post about Tasha Tudor, if so you can go here to enjoy  visiting other blogs sharing Tasha's birthday as well. Blessings my friends

7 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

Did you know there is a long article on Tasha Tudor in the September/October issue of Yankee Magazine which is out now? And if you go to Youtube, there are some Japanese videos of her gardens that are wonderful. When I went to the museum, we discussed the fact that the Japanese adored her!

Simply Shelley said...

Thanks Helen, I didn't know about the magazine, but have seen some videos on youtube. They are wonderful.

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Hi Shelley Dearest Friend!!
I was so happy to see your post up at the Rookery R.!!!
It is such a pleasure to share this "simple life" and kindred love for Tasha, but it is more it goes into the love of the wholesome and little pleasures of life, it's a delight for the feminine and handmade and make do!
Thank you for sharing,
Many many Blessings Hugs and Love, Linnie

Melanie said...

So happy to find your lovely blog. :-)

Valerie said...

Dear Shelley,
How wonderful and what a lovely post. I just adore Tasha and her paintings. She was such a lovely, wonderful lady. Love the tea on your front porch. Looks so peaceful
Blessings, Valerie

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks for this post. I didn't know much about Tasha so I really learned something!

Karen Andreola said...

Your reminder to live more simply is one I would like to take to heart in a more practical way.

Aren't the illustrations of Tasha Tudor sweet and nostalgic? I like her feminine touch to whatever she puts her hand to.