Sep 27, 2014

My Bitty Baby

Remember Ruth Anne, the doll I reborned? Well, I sent her home with my mama the last time my parents came for a visit. I was happy to give her to mama, for one reason, it made my mama happy, and another reason was I'm still trying to downsize my dolls.


And do you remember big baby, the doll I rescued from the old junk shop and gave her.... her own little makeover?



Well,she too has found a new home.  She now lives with a friend, but before I could leave her home.. my friend sent two dolls to come live with me. Yes, I'm trying to downsize, but I just couldn't say no. One of the dolls is a AG Bitty Baby, which was in need of much TLC. A dog had ripped out her behind, and she also had some ink marks about her face. I gave her a good bath, major surgery on her rear end ;) repainted her head, restuffed her body , then got her all back together and dressed her. I have no before picture, but I'm thinking you may have a pretty good mental picture of her before situation by my description of her.

Here she is after her redo.






This is what she looks like when bought new.

Google
Blessings friends .......do have a wonderful Lord's Day.


Pinterest
I'm happy with however God chooses to bless me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just adorable! How wonderful that you are sharing the joy :)

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Oh Shelly, I am so happy that your babies found homes that will make others so happy... And how sweet of you.. Have a blessed Sunday..Hugs.

Denise said...

Shelley You said that You enjoy making over the dolls and I think it's wonderful. If You don't want to keep them or all of them what a nice gift they would be to any little girl.It's a great hobby when You have the talent and the gifting spirit of making others happy.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love how you make these dolls so cute again

DollZandThingZ said...

I am with you...good to downsize. (Also good to have smaller dolls in a collection.) The coloring is so much more natural in your makeover!

AuntLou said...

Oh How Cute! :)

Terra said...

You did a beautiful job restoring these precious dolls. I am doing a bit of downsizing too.