Nov 29, 2007

~Following an "Old Path"~








This is the very same post I left on my aol journal this morning.(Strength for my journey)I felt led to post it here as well! I hope someone will be blessed by reading this. God is the center of my life ! If it were not for him, I could take no pleasure in this life or what it has to offer, but because of him ,I love my life and along with the blessings he bestows each and everyday! You my wonderful blogging friends are one of those many blessings!

*********************************************************
This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls..." Jer 6:16
*********************************************************


Are you at a crossroad in your life ? Wondering which way the Lord would lead you . The above passage is so beautiful to me! I do desire to follow the old paths and have always tryed to do so, according to the Lord's will ! History has always been a big interest to me. I have always considered myself to be an old soul. Even as a child , I remember having an interest in things of the past. I love living a simple, God fearing life ! Which, I believe to be God's will for me ! I feel so content living in the ways of the Lord. I do pray I always make the right choices and have an ear to hear God's voice when he speaks to me. Following the guidance of his Holy Spirit in every turning point of my life. I do seek the "old paths" today and everyday. Really ,each new day we awake is a crossroad for us. How will we choose to live that day? What path will we follow? As for me I stand and wait on the Lord, who is standing ahead waving his arm to me saying, Come this way my child, follow me on the old path, and you WILL find rest for your soul ! I follow on and find , his way is the good way and I am so happy and content with my choice. Won't you choose to follow him on that old path today?







Blessings,Shelley

No comments: