Oct 5, 2011

There's no place like home............

An Amish kitchen ..from Google images.
(I am borrowing from the selected previous post that I chose to hang on to for a while and sharing from them before deleting them from this blog..so if you have a little deja vu...you truly have probably read part of this post in the past...smile.)
Isn't the kitchen above so wonderful? I think its just beautiful and I am very happy for the family it belongs to....I love my little kitchen to...We are not to want what others have(covet)...but it is nice to rejoice with them in their good fortune :) Not that I don't consider myself fortunate because I am ...most certainly.

My kitchen through the years in its many different styles.....
Simplicity 
Full of color and grands.
Christmas time,several years ago.
New counter,build by son #1

My little kitchen is only about a 10x12 area.......Today it is decorated in a country prim style...My cabinets still need a paint job...maybe that's something I will tackle soon. My favorite thing about my kitchen is the window over the sink..looking out to the woods behind my house. I have watched birds and many other little animal friends while doing my dishes at this sink over the years.

Home...a place to share the word of God.
Remember,I said I live in a humble home,but it is pleasant and gives me shelter from the heat and the cold. It is a place to come together with children and grandchildren to talk,share meals,and enjoy the fellowship of one another's company. To rejoice together when it is time and to grieve when it is time. To sleep when we are tired then wake to each new day with a promise of a new beginning...... After all isn't that what having a home is all about?
Where Christ is always the unseen guest and where friends and family are welcomed. I know there are many different dwellings in this world,big and small,mansions,cabins,cottages,mobile homes,new homes,old homes whatever they may be,if it is home then there is no other place to compare. For in the words of Dorothy, There's no place like home...................there's no place like home........................ God bless my humble home..................and may God bless your home too.



Blessings, Shelley

No comments: