Feb 16, 2012

Tipping the Scales,again and again.......

Google images
Having a balanced life...that is a great desire of mine and a goal I always seem to be working toward. A time and place for all things.Plus the strength and wisdom to make good accomplishments. The endurance to persevere toward my goals,most of all ..Pleasing my Lord in all things. Many times I seem to sabotage myself by being slack in what should come first. Procrastination is a huge fault of mine....Putting off till tomorrow what can be done today. In the famous words of Scarlett O'Hara ....

"Well I won't think about this now. I'll think about it tomorrow." After all...tomorrow is another day."

Google images....Poor Scarlett..she just never seemed to get it right.
I too could have penned those words in the lines of history...smile. I do know in my heart of hearts what comes first!God is my first answer to that question. Then family,friends,so on and so on.... Within each of those categories comes duties and responsibilities. Its not that I don't have enough time because,if anything I most likely have more time than I need on my hands! Most days I have no one to care for but,myself and my pets. And a hard fact is (I am being perfectly honest here)...I don't seem to think self is that important. I know that is wrong and I shouldn't feel that way. I am constantly working and praying to think differently about that,about myself! I continue to sabotage myself by choices I make each and everyday. What I eat,how I spend my time,not living up to my full potential each and everyday. I could do much better for self,there by becoming a greater essential benefit to God,his kingdom,to others and to self. There are some bad habits  I must set aside and some good habits I must pick up.....




JUST TO NAME A FEW.........


1.(PROCRASTINATION)
2.(BAD FOOD CHOICES)
3.(NOT REDEEMING MY TIME WISELY)
4.(NOT TAKING BETTER CARE OF SELF)
5.WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK.





Google images

Some good habits I should remember to keep...........




1.PUTTING FIRST THINGS FIRST (PRIORITIES) PRAYER,BIBLE STUDY,REACHING OUT.
2.TAKING BETTER CARE OF SELF,(SPIRITUALLY,MENTALLY,AND PHYSICALLY ),(GOOD FOOD CHOICES),(EXERCISE),(GOOD THOUGHT PATTERNS).
3.USING MY TIME WISELY,BEING A MORE SUFFICIENT HOME KEEPER.
4.DREAM AND IMAGINE MORE...WHAT COULD BE.... COULD BE.
5.SPEND MORE TIME OUTDOORS.
6.BREATHE.

Google images
Google images
I am praying I learn to balance my life as it should be...I have been on the teeter totter of life...much to long....




Blessings to all,Shelley

7 comments:

annie said...

Blesssings. Shelley, I have so much I need to work on to, everyday. This is a good post, lots to think on!

Anonymous said...

But dear Shelley- you show others how to be a good Christian woman. You dont give yourself enough credit-- When I think of what kind of Christian woman I want to be- a blessing to our Lord.. I think of you. and to have never met you ( even though we are fellow ETexans ) that is a huge accomplishment. I look forward to your post and LOVE seeing you name there. Yours in Christ, your friend Patti.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley,
I work on keeping my life balanced everyday. It isn't easy.
Great Post.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

After reading this post, I know that we must be kindred spirits, for I could relate to practically everything you mentioned in this post.

Having balance within my life is something that I constantly struggle with. Hang in there, Dear Sister, for you are not alone.

Excellent post!

Unknown said...

The difference between you and most others is that you really share who you are and your struggles that run deep. Honesty and being humble is a risk but yet you let us see who you really are, way down deep.

I think many people if they were honest about fears and struggles and addictions etc...could relate to this post Shelley. It comes as a blessing I'm sure, to many.

Loving you, through it all.
Jacqueline

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Sweet Shelley,

I wonder if you realize how much your posts help and encourage,and inspire people.

Your posts including today's speaks to me. I think you are truly a blessing to many. I know you are to me.

Although we have never met, I know you are a kind and good lady. Beautiful in God's eyes and certainly mine.

Hugs
Iris

Pastor Ed said...

Thank you for the music! It moves me very much! I am just letting it run in the back ground drinking it deep within!

I am so glad I found this site! May the Lord Himself bless you as you are blessing me, and more so!!