Apr 19, 2012

Dolls and Things.........


My friend Betty and I made a trip to one of our favorite antique malls today. They were having their "Spring Fling" Open House today! The sale runs through the weekend. I always love seeing all the sweet baby dolls that are for sale there. So,I thought I would take a few pictures to share with you all. 

I think this one was my favorite.
This little doll bed was wonderful...I wish I could have brought it home!

Of course,there were much more to see as well,other than just the dolls....

Like this antique Hobby Horse. Its metal!

Child's table and chairs set!

My daughter Regina gave me an antique bed from about the same era as this one below. I will post about it soon so you can see it. She got a brand new beautiful bedroom set and I got a new "old" bed. I am trilled for her and for myself as well....smile!

I love the old oil lamp in this picture too!
We had a fun day out together,but as always we were pressed for time. My sweet Jalyn had a program at school tonight. She was Miss Butterfly! It was such a cute little play...all the kids were dressed as different kinds of bugs...invading a picnic in the park. Second grade is such a fun time!


Didn't she make a beautiful Butterfly? Her mama,my daughter Kathy, made her costume. 

We also stopped by the Salvation Army where I found something very sweet and special. I purchased it and brought it home...That will be my next post!

Blessings,Shelley



7 comments:

Loretta said...

Hi Shelley, I love the lovely old dolls, and your granddaughter is the cutest of all!

Faye Henry said...

Love old dolls, too. Your fave was also mine..
Blessings...

Betty said...

I'm so glad your let me know about the sale at the mall, and we were able to go. Thanks for the memories. Love and Blessings....

Evylia said...

Would you please say hello to Miss Butterfly for me? She has such a cheerful smile that is contagious ;)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

congrats on the new/old bedstead. I would love a metal bed frame. And I definitely love the doll bed for that reason!
your grands are darling as ever.
I know you must have really loved the dolls. They are beautiful.

Peggy said...

What a beautiful butterfly! Glad you had such a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Wow, a wonderful full day! The Butterfly is beautiful!
Hugs,
Lynn