Sep 13, 2012

Did you Know?

Google images

Did you happen to know that September is National Sewing month? It became in observance in 1982 by a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan,in recognition of the importance of home sewing to our nation.
And to think most High Schools in our nation do not offer Homemaking Classes any longer...what a shame.
I wasn't aware that Sept. was National Sewing Month until I read it on another blog....now its something I won't likely forget anytime soon.
It also encourages me to start some sewing projects I have been delaying for sometime.
Tonight in our monthly ladies group meeting at church we will be doing a little sewing. We are making Christmas stockings to be filled later in the year and given to needy children in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area in December.
Should be fun..maybe I will learn a thing or two :) I have always had a great desire to sew (well),but as yet I am quite the Amateur :) If you would like to go to the website for National Sewing Month....here is the link.
Maybe it will encourage you to try a sewing project as well......blessings,Shelley

4 comments:

Emily Fay said...

I think it's exciting that it's national sewing month! Yay! What a fun month!! :)

Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have known this, and in fact, I am finishing my 1850's dress for our Heritage days this upcoming Sunday :)

m.

Heidi said...

Shelley do you have a sewing machine?

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Oh how I wish I had made more time for sewing while my eyes would allow me. I love seeing what others sew now.

Hugs
Iris