Jul 29, 2013

A Visit to Mr.Trading Post Man..look what I found!


Last week while heading out for my doctor's appointment my daughter Regina and I stopped in to see Mr.Trading post man. He had gotten some different stuff and I wanted to take a look see.  I spotted a little orphan baby and had to bring her home. She is Emmy, "a little miracle" doll ,made by the Aston Drake Co. All she needed was a little wash up,and her clothes washed, now she is bout'new!


Ruby and Bethy welcomed her with open arms  :)


I also brought this vintage chalk rooster and piece of vintage pottery home.


And a shelf ,which has been given an antique look using the crackle paint effect.
I haven't really decided what to display here,but I got a few ideas going over in my mind.
For now I just set these crocks on it.



As for an update on my recovery...I am feeling much better with a lot less pain. I have an infection in the incision and am being treated for that with some strong antibiotics, which make me feel sick at my stomach. Also,a home health nurse comes out three times a week for wound care. The doctor said it may be another month before I am totally healed ,but things are looking good and I am making progress...for that I am very grateful! Praying your week is blessed ....dear friends

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad to hear that you are doing better. Love you cute baby doll and other thrifty finds. Have a good week and God bless!

Peggy said...

So happy to hear that you have your health issues going in the right direction! God is good! Will keep praying. You found some good stuff. I'm loving the yellow pottery piece and oh, the possibilities for that shelf!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Shelley! I am glad to hear you aren't hurting as much. I pray for speedy recovery! I love that yellow pottery. The doll is so cute! Have a nice week! Twyla

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh a sweet sweet dollie to keep you company! Take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal! Sweet hugs my friend!

Earlene said...

That's great your feeling better.
Sorry I don't comment much, I always read, but not always comment.
Everything you found is very cute.
Enjoy
Earlene

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

SHelly, proud you are some better, but sorry to hear about the infection.. Hope that heals real soon. Praying for you.
What adorable finds.. Have fun and enjoy them. Love Emmy , she is adorable. and the shelf is pretty.. You will have it full of pretty things before long.ha

DollZandThingZ said...

Very nice find! Glad you are feeling better but hope you have full recovery very soon! xx

Karen Andreola said...

I like your new little doll. I have a doll that keeps me company. Recovery certainly takes patience. I wish you greater strength and healing each day.
Karen A.