Dec 17, 2013

Christmas in a Very Small Town

Google image
We didn't have snow,but it was very cold...low 30's

Regina getting us some free coco at the car wash, thanks to the Church of Christ.

Son waiting on his coco,and disgusted with mama's blog picture taking...ha

Little ones waiting for the parade to start.

My pretty girl.

And it begins


This is the only time of the year we have a little action in town  ...truly

Jaxon is excited

Christmas in the park

Son and sweet DIL

My nose was a' chillen  :)

I love living in a little town, with events like this and church bells ringing daily.....very simple and nostalgic at the same time. Life is good living in a very small town!   Blessings

8 comments:

Deborah Hamilton said...

I can tell by your smile that you are having a great time. My family gripes about me taking so many pictures too. But they always enjoy looking at them! HA! I agree about the church bells. We can hear the Methodist Church bells and I love the sound. They play hymns. Happy Christmas!

AuntLou said...

Looks like fun -- cold, but fun! :)

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

So happy you had such a nice time with your kids.. Looks like so much fun.. Hope you and family have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Shelley,

You look so lovely with a chilly nose! I love small towns, too. Kansas City hardly qualifies as one, but we do have a few nice little places nearby.

I pray that this Christmas season finds you peaceful and content, and full of hope and Light.

Love,

Marqueta

Pam said...

I remember Christmas in my hometown of Mt. Enterprise, Texas! All of 425 people when I lived there. I realize, now that I live in a rather large city, how much I loved it. It seems, when I look back, that it was one large family celebrating together. I sure miss that.

Grace & Peace

DollZandThingZ said...

Looks like you had a fun time despite the cold! I agree about small towns...they are very special. Our population is 40,000 but the center of town has a small town feel. New England still has many small and charming towns though--as small as your town!

Peggy said...

I think I would love being in small town. Our parades are so hard to get to because of the traffic and there's always a parking issue. Glad you had such a fun day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It does look like a fun event! The blessings of living in a small town and being close to family! Merry Christmas my friend! I haven't done much more with my dollies but maybe I'll still have time to play. Wish you were here to play, too! Holidays hugs!