Dec 9, 2013

Smile and the World Smiles with You



Hope your week is starting out wonderfully. Just thought I would share a few fun photos from my home today. Also a few images I like. This smiling apple above has been on my " look for list " for a long while. My kids played with one just like this when they were small. I have seen this apple on quite a few of my favorite blogs as well. So, while at my mamas this past week...we went by Goodwill while out and about running some errands. I found this smiling face sitting among the Christmas things, I said...Well hello there...you are going home with me  :)   I have a little collection of vintage toys. I just have them around for the fun of having them, and for the feeling of nostalgia they give me.


Going home with the Christmas trees.

I remember this face from my own childhood.


Christmas 1964,my sister and I found Chattys under our tree. Me, being the little sister....found Chatty Baby. I have loved these dolls ever since.


I bought myself a Raggedy Ann on my 50th birthday from a very talented blogging friend.

Mary Engelbreit is always fun...I love her art.

I find this image of Mary and the very chubby baby Jesus so precious.

My little brother and I , about 1969
And this last little image, pretty much speaks for itself!



Blessings dear friends

7 comments:

Rose said...

Hi Shelley, what a lovely post! I have recently found your blog and so enjoying it. Best wishes jackie x

marie said...

Love all the fun photos Shelley! My children had one of those apples too...it's such a happy little toy!
Your truck with trees is great! Trucks and trees seem to be everywhere this year. I've seen them on wrapping paper, cards, ornaments, napkins....you name it!
I have been enjoying my sweet little gingerbread girl and the lovelynote you sent me!! Thank you so much!

AuntLou said...

:) Thank you for the :)!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

I really enjoyed the tour of your collectibles.. Love the toys from yesteryear. SO fun..
Love that you found the apple you were looking for.. Have a great blessed day.

DollZandThingZ said...

That smiling apple made me smile! I love your toy collection...very cheery!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you found a happy apple! I love for them every time I go to a thrift store.

I put the tiny Ragedy Ann you gave me in my tree! ♥

Karen Andreola said...

"Well, hello, you're going home with me," made me smile. That apple was in the nursery at the church we attended when our girls were babies.

I also admire Ralphael's Mary with the Christ child, and read that it is John the Baptist in the background.

The sweet dress you are wearing in the Santa photo looks like the ones my mom used to sew for me in the 1960s. She liked putting lace across the yoke. Your brother looks snazzy in his suit.

I bumped into your comment on a doll blog this week. "Oh, Shelley has been here, too," I said.