Jul 26, 2014

Big Baby now has Clothes


My latest dolly rescue, Big Baby now has her clothes on,that's always a good thing,don't you agree?
I put a long sleeve Onesie under this beautiful little dress I purchased at GW because of the hand that's missing four fingers.



Look at the details....just lovely and so sweet.


And this is the Raggedy Ann I rescued the day before Big Baby. She was very dirty and had a hole in one foot. I put her through the washer, although she still has some stains that wouldn't wash out, she really came so much cleaner than I thought she would! She smells nice and clean now as well. She is one of the old dress me type raggedies. She once had black shoes with laces in them to teach little girls to dress themselves. Notice the big buttons?



The little bonnet on the right I crocheted myself for my little granddaughter due to be born in Sept. I am not real happy with how it turned out ,so I am getting some much softer baby yarn today and giving it another try. This was my first attempt at crocheting a baby bonnet! I will show more of this bonnet and the next one in a later post. I pray you are all having a blessed weekend thus far my dear friends.



11 comments:

Serenata said...

They look so sweet and what a pretty smocked dress. The bonnet looks very cute.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Big baby is adorable now! I love the lacy bonnet you put on her and this sweet dress. You even put walking shoes on her! How sweet! Love your Raggedy Ann, too and the pretty bonnet you made. I think I'll dress my old baby doll today. It makes me feel so good to play with my dolls. Have fun my dear friend! Hugs, Diane

Linda said...

You did a very good job.They all look lovely.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Your baby dolls are so pretty!

Barbara Neubeck said...

wow..Shelley, your babies all look beautiful.
I like the bonnet you crocheted.... it will be so lovely in softer yarn...looking forward to seeing it.
Have a happy week..
Hugs and Blessings..
Barb xxx

Valerie said...

What beautiful babies and that little dress is lovely! What a find! Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DollZandThingZ said...

Catching up on reading blogs today. I admire your weeding but that globe would be REALLY hard to part with! The dolls look amazing...cared for! You are a true doll lover for sure. Have a good week!

XX

jerilanders said...

Raggedy's are just timeless... I guess All dollies are if you think about it!

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

She looks so cute! I love the smocking on the pretty pink dress.
Raggedy is another sweet find!
XX OO Linnie

Potato Recipes said...

Appreciate you bllogging this