Jul 21, 2014

Jalyn's Sleep Over........



My ten year old gran, Jalyn came home with me from church last night for a sleep over.  She brought her American Girl doll , Isabel with her. We took pictures of her doll, and mine which is a Gotz doll. Her American girl doll is a few inches bigger than my Gotz doll. We watched a movie together then talked way into the night. She got up this morning and cooked my breakfast.  She is quite the little homemaker.  I am always blessed with her company.

Her doll and mine. 


Speaking of dolls, I am a hopeless dolly mama. I found an old abused baby at a junk shop and could not resist rescuing her. Not only that , but I also rescued a Raggedy Ann over the weekend as well.  It's a very good thing I've done much weeding in my cottage as of late :) I can now afford the room for a few abandoned dolly children.



Here she is after a much needed scrubbing, and I mean a bleach clean scrubbing.  She has some permanent scaring to her from years of abuse.  Bruising, deep scars, some lost eye lashes, and she is even missing four fingers from one of her hands........poor, poor baby, but she's already looking much happier.  She's two feet tall, a big baby girl. I'm going to find some cute clothes for her and then she will be a whole new doll baby.

Blessings on your week my friends

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fun weekend with your precious granddaughter! And this dollie sure looks like one I had as a girl. Does she wear real baby clothes? Mine did! HAVE FUN...dollie fun! Hugs, Diane

Terra said...

You and your granddaughter had a fun sleep over, I can tell, and how nice you rescued some old doll babies.

Valerie said...

What a great grandmother you are! Such a fun time for you both. I love that you rescue dolls. I have a very large collection of Madame Alexanders, Ideals and many others. I need to share some on my blog. =) My grandmother gifted me most of the dolls I own. She was special too.
Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Deb J. in Utah said...

So nice that you had fun with your grand daughter! Cute dolls! Such fun!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a lovely smile that sweet girl has!

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Hi Shelly,
Your sleep over was even better because you both love your Doll time!Aren't you both so blessed to have these times!
And so is the new rescued dolly too! Hee! I just finished reading Hitty The First Hundred Years and now I'm going through book withdrawal!Have you read it?
Blessings Dear One, Linnie

Elizabethd said...

Thank you for joining me in England!

Anonymous said...

I just bought a doll like that! (The one that you needed to scrub pictured). I will post it on my bees and buttercups blog soon. I was trying to research it but you know how the internet is...takes time. Andrea