Aug 15, 2014

Reborn Babies


Google image



Have you ever heard of reborning a doll? When I first read the term  "Reborn Doll", I was like......what in the world is a reborn doll? Maybe you too are asking that same question right this minute. I began researching, and discovered I was amazed at the reborn dolls I was seeing on ebay and elsewhere.  These dolls are took and repainted to look very much like real newborn babies.  Not only that , they have soft baby fine  hair thats rooted right into their heads , as well. Some are even made to have breathing mechanisms, that make them appear as if they are really breathing.  Some people find these dolls creepy, but not me. However, while researching I have seen some made very creepy indeed. I can't imagine why someone would want a sweet baby doll with horns and sharp teeth, now thats creepy!

Google image

These sweet babies are not ! You can go here to learn more about reborning dolls.

Google image

The price on these completed dolls range from 100 to in the thousands.  Can you imagine?  Well no way will my budget afford one, and even the kits to create a reborn yourself is fairly expensive.  So me, Simply Shelley...the good queen of make do came up with an idea to make one myself in " make do style " :)


Goggle image

A reborn baby doll kit. Found on google.

Google image


I found a baby doll at the thrift store that has been loved very much, lets just say!  I disassembled her, wash the head, arms and legs, purchased some cheap craft paint and after watching tutorials on you tube, set out to paint my baby. Next , I will be resewing a new body for her and going on from there. I have took a few pictures to show the work as I go along, and then we will have my reborn baby reveal  as soon as I am done with her.  Please, don't expect to see what you see in the pictures here. Remember my baby will be a very cheaply "make do" reborn doll ;)

See you all soon.....have a fun weekend,  Shelley

2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

So sweet. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley! I think your new baby will be wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing her.!

I hope you remember me. I lost access to my old blogs due to Blogger & Yahoo issues. So started a new one on WordPress. I hope you will visit me there.

myfarmhouseblue.wordpress.com