Aug 16, 2014

Reborning Progress



This post is a continuation of my previous post about the process of reborning dolls, so you might want to scroll down and read that post first. I just wanted to show you the progress I have made with my baby. Remember this is my first try and I'm using a cheaper  " make do " method  :)

Doll...as I found her.


After removing her clothes.........


Then after detaching her body........


Body parts, washed, painted , and now hanging to dry.....I know, a little creepy..right?

My poor home still hasn't got its paint job :(

Head has been washed and now has its first coat of paint applied.


Now here it is after much painting...I even painted the hair on this one. The redness is newborn baby splotches, or stork bites as some call them. I see her lips are to dark, I'll be lightening them up some later.
So what do you think?


Next, I'll be working on sewing her body and reassembling her. I'm having fun with this project. Loving it as a matter of fact....I'm ready to go out and find me some more orphaned babies and reborn them as well. I am hoping I'll get better each time. Today is my birthday, a sweet young friend made me homemade snicker doodle cookies, ( notice the baggie on the right in picture) they are yummy too :)   Happy Birthday to me !  Blessings dear friends


12 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Shelley
I have just found your blog and I am really enjoying it. We seem to have a lot in common, I love dolls, teddy bears, Raggedy Ann. I have grown up children and one little grandson.
I love your cheaper version of reborning and I think you made a very good job of painting the little baby head. I am
looking forward to seeing it finished.
Best wishes
Debbie

Mitzi said...

Happy Birthday Shelley. Hope this day is the start of a wonderful year for you.

Scrappy quilter said...

Happy Birthday Shelley. Can't wait to see the doll when it's finished.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Happy Birthday Shelly! Your reborn baby is turning out really well. I am looking forward to seeing it when it is all done and dressed.
Best Wishes,
Susie

Pam said...

Happy birthday, dear one!

Grace & Peace.

Anonymous said...

She is looking great! You are very talented! Are you going to apply lashes? I think that will really add to her "real" look.

DollZandThingZ said...

Happy Birthday! I forgot our birthdays are just a few days apart.

So far, so good...I think you have the knack for reborn dolls on a budget. It really does look GREAT!

Have fun!
xx

Linda said...

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday.
I think your doll looks great.
Linda

Valerie said...

Dear Shelley, Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see your finished dolly. What a wonderful job you are doing.
Blessings, Valerie

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Wow!! Shelley, this sure looks like a fun project,and it looks like you are doing a wonderful job! This is so cool!! I can't wait to see the finish!!
Blessings and love, Linnie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend! I hope your day was special. I know your family made it nice for you! Love this sweet baby doll that you are working on. I just found a little cradle at the thrift store and have a post coming about it tomorrow. Enjoy your evening dear one! Hugs, Diane

Corey said...

Shelley, it's been a while since I've visited. First, Happy Belated Birthday- you share a birthday with my daughter, Avery!

And second, what a beautiful job you're doing on the doll! What a wonderful idea to "reborn" dolls from the thrift store- I would never have thought that an inexpensive doll could look so real if painted properly! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished doll.

And, btw, I love your "keep calm" graphic!!