Nov 24, 2014

And So There Remains


When weeding ones home, some things leave, and in my case a whole lot of some things, then other things remain. Below are just a few things that remain in my cottage.



Actually the dollhouse may be going at some point in time. I don't think its suiting Hitty and her friends very well. For them its more the size of a playhouse!




A few little decorative plates I favor.




This is the one that reminds me of Tasha Tudor's work.



Lovely



These handwork pieces were stitched by a blogging friend.  I've always loved them.



Same dear friend worked this sweet little pillow.



The ME plaque from a "constant" long time friend of mine!



Thats not all I kept, believe me my weeding isn't done yet ;)

I've spent my time today, crocheting, listening to praise and worship music, while cooking a pot roast on the stove. Its been quite comforting. Are you all busy getting ready for Thanksgiving?  I'm not even sure where my family will be spending our Thanksgiving Day yet. Maybe my eldest sons home or maybe my parents.  Either way, I'm sure it'll be a great day. We have much to be thankful for.

Blessings friends

Little Birdie Blessings

4 comments:

Pam said...

No!!! Not the dollhouse!!! I love that sweet little home. I have tried to find one for years but sadly I haven't lucked up on one, yet. I will be sad to see yours go.

Grace & Peace.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Weeding is hard but yet it feels good also.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Shelly, Your precious memories of all your wonderful things.. Enjoy them.. Keep what makes you happy.. Weed some, keep some, buy some [never quit looking for the special items..that make you happy].
Have a blessed day.. Hugs my friend.

annie said...

How precious it all is.
I'm afraid I am never good at weeding, just too sentimental for my own good I think. I love that one little plate, how sweet, you are special! Loved the header photo! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of the bounties of love!