Nov 22, 2014

Understanding Ways

Pinterest

Pressing forward.....always . I won't turn back.

My days are different, are yours? Some days I feel good, even better, but somedays I don't.  Those days are hard to press through, and although people, even good friends say they understand, my question is....do they really?
How can they if they truly have never walked in your shoes?  I've said it myself to others....I understand, but have I really understood the pain, the emotions, the state of others whom I've said that statement too, I understand ? I don't know.
We are all so different, and so alike too. We all understand some of the same things in such different terms.  Don't you think so? Maybe that is the reason, we are commanded not to judge one another from God's word.  Because we can't fully understand others, only God can do that. I don't even understand myself at times.  So why should I even try to understand someone else.  Maybe, "I understand " isn't a good comment for me to make at all. Maybe next time I'll try saying...... I can't understand, but may I pray for you, my friend.

That just might make all the difference!


7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Always enjoy reading your thoughts. They make me stop and think. I love that.

Anonymous said...

love this post mrs shelley much to think..thanks..blessings

Denise said...

That's exactly what I was taught by Mom and Dad. They were real big on not judging others and it certainly rubbed of on Me-I so agree with You My Dear Friend.

Barbara Neubeck said...

..Hello Shelley... I like you post... very wise words... xxx
Hugs and Blessings... Barb xxx

Pam said...

What a profound message! Thanks for posting it!

Grace & Peace

Deb J. in Utah said...

So true - even if we don't understand someone we can pray for her. Thanks for this lovely post! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

marie said...

Excellent post Shelley!