Dec 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus..........

My mantel shelf with fresh greenery from the outdoors added.
With just a week away from Christmas day...I am starting to feel that old familiar sense of a bit of the blues...I love Christmas time so every much...I look forward to the season all year...with everything it brings....Well,not everything...but,the part that truly expresses the true meaning of the season....Peace on Earth...Goodwill to men! It does seem to me that more than any other time of the year there is an awareness of charity..goodwill...thinking of others more than oneself. Oh,I know to well the ugly part of it...the greed ...the pushing,shoving...get out of my way...I am here to spend and I don't have much time left to get it done... attitude. But,that does not take away from the true meaning and spirit of this most wonderful time of the year! Not for me anyway!

So,I intend to spend this last week before Christmas day ..relishing each minute. Pondering the gift God gave...the one and only way to heaven.....Jesus Christ..my Lord and Savior. He is first and foremost everyday of the year in my heart.....and I celebrate him 24 hours a day...7 days a week...but,at this time of the year...men and women all over this entire world come together with family and friends..in one mind and accord to lift him on high. His Birth...Death...and Resurrection...brought life everlasting to my soul...that my friend is something to be highly exalted...a wonderful reason to celebrate CHRISTmas.








Blessings....Shelley

No comments: