Jul 25, 2013

Family Ties......



These are my paternal Great Grandparents. John and Mary Ann Frazier. The picture above was taken just around the turn of the 20th century,not long after they were married. I never met them ,not even as a baby because they were deceased before my birth,but I will always remember the "Love Story" that was told to me about this couple. While traveling to a relatives home in their later years,they were involved in a car accident,taken to the hospital, they were placed in the same room! Their beds side by side! John received some major injuries, which prove to be fatal. Mary only had minor injuries and should have went on and lived for more years,but after her beloved passed on she gave up her will to live and died within the half hour.
God chose not to separate this loving couple,even in death,but to bring them both home to him on the very same day!


John and Mary Ann
 Not long before the accident!

Mary Ann

Their Grave Stone
Their daughter, Lillian was my father's mother. Here she is with all her children. My daddy is the little boy on the left at the front. My daddy's father died when he was three,and my grandmother raised her children on her own,during the great depression times, until my dad was about 12,when she married my step grandfather, Raymond Judge. Granddaddy Judge was a loving man to his children, and grandchildren. I have fond memories of him.


Grandma and Granddaddy Judge

Grandma always said granddaddy favored James Arness that played as Marshal Dillion on Gunsmoke :)


Grandma


Grandma,Granddaddy,their children and grandchildren  ,Mother's Day 1964
I am the little girl sitting in the front,holding my baby brother!
This family has multiplied many times over since this above picture was taken,too many descendants to count. All started from that wonderful love story of two lives joined together,that truly became one,tying together many lives into one big family!

10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Such lovely family stories! You have a great heritage. Thanks for sharing.

marie said...

A history rich in love...thank you for sharing this sweet story and the wonderful family photos!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Such a sweet love story. Their legacy of love lives on. Twyla

Peggy said...

What a beautiful story. And what a legacy for you, all your children and their children. One day, they will be writing stories about their wonderful Meme!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much sharing your lovely family story with us. It is very special to know of so much love among your family members. That is a blessings from God. And now... the love still goes on and grows one with your and your children and grands!
Love to you,
Lily, WA, USA

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I enjoyed reading this love story, and still it continues on. Thanks for showing us your family pictures. They are wonderful.

DollZandThingZ said...

Thank you for sharing...for keeping your family's heritage alive...what a lovely tribute you have written. How lucky you are to have photos to share!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story and great pictures.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful family pictures and stories!

Bobby and I wish we could go at the same time but then that would be doubly hard on the children and grandchildren...

Corey said...

What a beautiful story! How wonderful to have such a strong bond. When my grandmother passed away, I was sure my grandfather would go soon after because they shared that kind of a bond, but he stayed around for about 3 more years!
I said a prayer for your pain to go away(from the previous post). I deal with pain here, too- a pinched nerve in my neck for the past 10 years. In fact, I just went to a pain clinic for the first time yesterday for a steroid injection which will hopefully help some!